What makes our digital training stand out is by far our passionate, geeky team.
So we’ve asked our expert trainers to share their top tips for small businesses to be successful online. Here’s what they had to say:
- Think about what you want to achieve online and set goals to pursue. Whether it’s growing your community or generating more clicks to your website, it will help you track and optimise your activity without wasting resources like time and money.
- Research your audience; where they are online, what they are searching for and what they want to see.
- Measure your impact – review your digital data once a month to make sure your efforts are actually working and you’re in a good place for future growth!
- Invest in your online presence (get a website!) to make yourself visible to customers. Aim to be engaging and to become the authoritative voice in what you do. Don’t shy away to share your perspective and experience on the field you operate in.
- Be strategic in your web campaigns and plan activities on relevant digital channels; some of them may be more useful to you than others!
- Be relevant at all times. Keep your audience at the top of your mind and activity, and make sure your content – whether it’s your website, social media or in newsletter – applies to them and their needs as much as possible.
- Use calls to action on your website and social media channels to get your customers to do what you want them to do: click through to your landing page, get in touch, submit forms or share feedback!
- Understand your audience and try to speak their language – drop heavy jargon and buzzwords, it really helps with SEO!
- Don’t be afraid to take a risk. Digital is ever-changing and the key to success is to try new things and push the boundaries – you never know when you’re going to set a new trend!
- And finally… Don’t let perfection cripple you: just do it!
Need help getting your business online? Our team of experts is running in-house workshops as well as events across the country to empower as many businesses as possible with digital skills. Get in touch today for a free consultation.