Business Development Trainee
We’re looking for a bright, dynamic and talented Business Development trainee to join us on our journey. They will have a key focus on sales and marketing, as well as supporting the team in other parts of the business.
Due to our exciting growth – we expect the best. We are looking for unique individuals who will share in our success story. The ideal candidate will have 2 years B2B sales experience within a web agency, SaaS or e-commerce environment. Although the role is ‘sales’, it is a varied position and will involve an end-end approach (business development, requirements gathering, proposal creation, consulting, pitching and closing). The successful candidate will be target-driven, have strong commercial acumen, and a deep understanding of the mid-market to enterprise level landscape.
What will you be doing?
First and foremost you’d be working with our superstar team to help set the company up for a year of growth. Your role will be to assist in generating leads and booking partnerships with industry events and educational institutions across the UK. You will also have the chance to work directly with the MD, COO and also get to engage with our inspiring trainers.
- Database management – helping our build our great new tool
- Help generate leads and booking partnerships with industry events and educational institutions
- Supporting our business growth with outreach to new and potential customers
- Work collaboratively with other team members to help nurture our results driven, team oriented environment
- Work closely with wider team to ensure our lead generating initiatives are resulting in qualified enquiries
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure sales to PM handover process is continually being optimised
- Work closely with strategic partners to develop new leads and close deals
You’ll also get to attend some of our fantastic training courses, and take part in a variety of training sessions yourself. First and foremost you will get to see how a start-up is organised and how we do what we do.
Qualification & Skills
You will have a natural talent for persuasion, are an amazing communicator and have a positive mentality with the ability to work fast but with precision.
An absolute must:
- A real bright spark, who is up for a challenge
- Have at least 2 years of work experience
- Have an excellent phone manner
- Have remarkable time management
- You will have a proven track record of managing a large and constantly changing sales pipeline
- You will possess unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment
- Have an incredibly positive attitude with a passion for thinking outside the box
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own success
- You will have end-to-end sales experience including requirements gathering, pitching, solution consulting and proposal creation
- You will have exceptional people skills and the ability to earn trust whilst remaining commercially minded
- You will be comfortable working within an inbound and outbound sales environment
- You will have experience working on deals that involve numerous stakeholders/third parties
- Solve problems independently, juggle competing demands and keep calm under pressure
- High-level IT Skills, particularly with spreadsheets
What we can offer you :
- Access to digital training courses
- Industry contacts and networking opportunities
- Hands on support and training
- Opportunities to attend launch events and training workshops across the UK
- Working in a fast paced startup environment in central London
- Real experience inside a fast growing company with a great reputation
- Exposure to clients and room for personal and professional growth
- You’ll never be bored and no two days will be the same!